Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 22

This week I want us to begin learning verses from a section in Morgan's book entitled, Listening:  The Word of God and Prayer.  Maybe this section caught my attention because school had been out for a few weeks now and I find myself constantly saying, "Listen!"  I get so frustrated with my children who never seem to listen to what I am saying to them. At least they never hear it the first time I say it.  After about five times and many threats later, they finally hearken unto my voice and grudgingly give in to my request.  Wow, I wonder where they get these traits.  I am sure that I never acted like that as a child, must be from their dad's side. Then I realize, I still exhibit much of the same behavior when it comes to listening to the voice of my Heavenly Father.  Why is it that I never seem to listen and obey the first time I am ask?  Why do I insist on ignoring His Word and His commands until it is convenient for me?  So for the next few weeks, we will learn verses that will help us to remember why it is important for us the listen and obey the Word of God.  And remember, if we never read the Word, it is difficult to hear it clearly.

2 Timothy 3 :16
All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

Psalm 119:11
I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You.

No comments:

Post a Comment